Due to the structural flexibility, large surface area, tailorable pore size and functional tenability, metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) can lead to materials with unique properties. This book covers the fundamental aspects of MOFs, their synthesis and modification, including their potential applications in different domains. The major focus is on applications including chemical, biosensors, catalysis, drug delivery, supercapacitors, energy storage, magnetics and their future perspectives.
- Covers all aspects related to metal-organic frameworks (MOFs), including characterization, modification, applications and associated challenges
- Illustrates designing and synthetic strategies for MOFs
- Describes MOFs for gas adsorption, separation and purification, and their role in heterogeneous catalysis
- Covers sensing of different types of noxious substances in the aqueous environment
- Includes concepts of molecular magnetism, tunable magnetic properties and future aspects
This book is aimed at graduate students, and researchers in material science, coordination and industrial chemistry, chemical and environmental engineering and clean technologies.